Home / Featured Post / Super League Action

Super League Action

The 2016 Super League sponsored by Vizions Entertainment moves into its second day of competition this afternoon with four matches in the north and south of the island.

At the Gros Islet Playing Field in Group 3, Central Castries plays South Castries from 6:00 p.m.; while defending champions Gros Islet will meet La Clery in what is expected to be a keenly contested matchup between the two teams at 8:00 p.m.

Down at the Phillip Marcellin Grounds the SL action continues in Group 2 when Micoud plays Roseau Valley from 6:00 p.m. and Desruisseaux come up against Vieux Fort South at 8:00 p.m.

Matches continues on Wednesday 20, at the Phillip Marcellin grounds in Group 1, Soufriere plays Anse la Raye from 6.00 p.m.; and Mon Repos against Dennery.

In Group 4, Marchand plays Babonneau from 6:00 p.m.; while Mabouya Valley takes on Canaries at 8:00 p.m. Both matches are scheduled for the La Resource Playing Field.

Meanwhile, on the opening night Dennery and Anse la Raye played to a 1 – 1. Anse La Raye No. 44 Ericson Reid openthe scoring in the 57th minute of play, while Dennery No. 9 Ridel Stanislaus found the equalizer in the 84th minute.

In the friendly encounter between defending champions Gros Islet (St.Lucia) and defending champions Paradise FC (Grenada) did live up to its expectations, but at the end of the final whistle it was Gros Islet with two goals from either side of the halves from No. 9 Troy Greenidge in the 13th and 62nd minute to secure the $5000.00 at stake and the MVP of the matchup to the delight of the Gros Islet fans. 

On Sunday 17, The Super League train whistle its way to the south of the island. In Game Mon Repos and Vieux Fort North played to a 1-1 draw. It all happen in the 2nd minute of play when Vieux Fort North custodian No.1 Lee Taylor failed to stop a ball that was played back to him by his defender  only to see the ball slowly roll across the goal line to give Mon Repos a 1 – 0 advantage. But not before Taylor received a tongue lash from his supporters on the outside.

The VSF players meantime never allow that unfortunate goal affect their play as they added the pressure on the Mon Repos defense, but their perseverance paid off when their No.5 Haig Flavius scored in the 18th minute to make it 1-1 and that’s how the scoreline remained up until the halftime whistle. 

In game No.2 Vieux Fort South had the better of Laborie 3 – 0 with goals from No.18 Jardel Harrow in the 5th minute, No.7 Noah Nicholas in the 25th minute to leave the halftime score 2 – 0 in a favour of VFS.  

On the resumption saw VFS surge further ahead when No.10 Tyson Cox made it 3 – 0 in the 62nd minute to the delight of the large that was in attendance and that’s how the scoreline remain up until the final whistle of Referee Gordon Wilson.      

Check Also

Windies to Face the Dangerous Irish in World Cup Qualifiers

The Windies have had, over the years, a few embarrassing face-offs with supposed minnows, Ireland.They …

Leave a Reply

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com