District Six Sport Committee commence it calendar of activities with a district football festival which commenced on Tuesday 25th October 2015. A total of nine schools will be taking part in this years’ festival which will be held on the 25th, 27th of October and the semi finals and finals slated for the 1st of November 2016. The schools have been divided into two groups with group A comprising of defending Champions Vieux Fort primary, Plain View Combined, Vigier Combined and Desruisseaux combined. While group B consist of Augier Combined, Pierrot Combined, Special Education Centre, Grace Combined and Belle Vue Combined school.
Matches played on the opening day of the festival are as follows
In group A at the Plain View Combined School grounds
- Vieux Fort Primary defeated Desruisseaux Combined 2 -1
- Plain View Combined had a convincing 4 – 0 victory over Vigier Combined
- Vigier Combined got the better of Desruisseaux Combined 1 goal to nil
In group B at the Augier Combined School grounds
- Augier Combined defeated Grace Combined 2 – 0
- Belle Vue Combined got the better of Pierrot Combined 2 -0
- Special Education Centre defeated Grace Combined 1 -0
- Augier Combined recorded their second victory by defeated Belle Vue Combined 1 -0
- Special Education Centre also recorded their second victory by defeating Pierrot Combined 2-1
The preliminary stage of the festival continues on Thursday 27th October , where group A matches will be played at the Desruisseaux Playing Field and matches in group B at the Augier Combined School Grounds from 12:30 pm and 9:30am respectively .
Matches are as follows in group A Plain View Combined will take on Vieux Fort Primary, Vigier Combined vs Vieux Fort Primary and Plain View Combined vs Desruisseaux Combined School
In group B Special Education Centre will challenge Belle Vue Combined, Augier Combined will come up against Pierrot Combined, Grace Combined vs Belle Vue Combined, Special Education Centre takes on Augier Combined and Pierrot Combined will face off with Grace Combined School.