The Saint Lucia Football Association hosted its 29th Ordinary Congress on Saturday 26th March 2016 at the National Skills Development Centre in Vieux Fort. 17 out of the 19 members of the different District Leagues attended the Congress.
The meeting started with welcome remarks from the President of the SLFA Mr. Lyndon Copper who outlined some of the major achievements of the SLFA namely:
- Strategic Planning Process
- National League Development Programme
- Redevelopment of the Women’s Football Programme
- Lucia playing in the first stage of the Under 17 World Cup Qualifying round.
- Lucia Under 15 National Team placing in the 4th in the Caribbean Zone.
- The new operations that involved programme implementation by member Leagues.
- Successful hosting of the International D’License Coaching course which 35 persons attended and 32 persons passed the course.
After much discussion the following were approved by the Congress:
- The 2015 Congress Minutes
- The 2015 Audited Finance Statement
- The 2015 Executive Report
- The 2016 Programme of Activities
- The 2016 National Budget
The President also informed the Congress that the SLFA will be working on improving the Women’s Football to participate in the Concacaf and International Football Competition. The President indicated that there will be Training for the Women’s Football Technical Team.
Mr. Cooper also commended the head Coach of the Under 17 National Team Mr. Albert “Vaso” St. Croix and the National Under 15 Team. The President indicated that 2015 was the best Financial Year for the Association and reminded the representatives that Clubs must get the D’Licence and have a Women’s Team and Under 15 Boys Team.
District Representatives were reminded that the District Promotional Competition must end by June 30th 2016 and Teams in the 1st Division cannot take part in the Promotional Competition.
Following the remarks from the President the meeting continued with approval of the 2015 National Executive Report, the 2015 Audited Financial Report which was presented by Mr. Lendor, the 2016 Programme, Approval of the Budget, Appointment of Independent Auditors and Trustees and Resolutions.
The St. Lucia Football Association is looking forward to another successful year and encourages all Districts to enhance and improve the sport of Football at the National Level.
The Congress retained the 2015 Auditor for the 2016 period and members expressed their satisfaction with the quantity and quality of the work done in 2016.